Marine Tuition Assistance (TA) is available for all active duty and active reserve Marines. Each member receives $4500 per fiscal year (1 Oct-30 Sep). There is a cap of $250 per semester hour, $166.67 per quarter hour, and $16.67 per clock hour.
**Successful course completion will be defined as a grade of “C” or higher for undergraduate courses, a “B” or higher for graduate courses, and a “Pass” for “Pass/Fail” courses. Reimbursement will also be required for students who receive an “I” grade that is not completed within 6 months or the educational institutions deadline.
**Fees no longer covered by TA include equipment, supplies, exams and costs associated with distance learning.
**TA will be authorized for graduate studies through the master’s degree level.
**Effective 22 Sep 2014, only schools with an approved DoD Voluntary Education Partnership MOU (as listed on the Participating Institution list at www.dodmou.com
) are eligible to participate in DoD Voluntary Education programs including, military tuition assistance. Any school in a DoD MOU Probationary Status will not be able to sign up new students – only current students will be authorized to receive Tuition Assistance – until the Probationary Status is completed.
TUITION ASSISTANCE USERS: The following information is required:
• Complete a College 101 Brief (10-15 minutes online PowerPoint presentation)
• Submit a Statement of Understanding
• Submit a current up-to-date TA application (with statement of fees from school when requested by Ed Office)
• Reservists must submit a copy of activation or mobilization orders
• Officers must agree to remain on active duty for at least two years upon completion of a funded TA course
• Evaluated Degree Plan or a SOCMAR is required
• FIRST TIME TA USERS – must have completed the Financial Mgmt MCI – 3420F
Toll Free 1-866-305-9058
or the below numbers:
Force Education Technicians 504-697-8105/8116
Force Education Specialist 504-697-9694
Force Education Officer 504-697-8128