•TUITION ASSISTANCE REQUEST
• WEB TUITION ASSISTANCE
• STATEMENT OF UNDERSTANDING
• COLLEGE 101 BRIEF
• MARADMIN 616/11 (TA for Marines)
Marine Tuition Assistance (TA) is available for all active duty and active reserve Marines. Each member receives $4500.00 per fiscal year (1 Oct-30 Sep). There is a cap of $250 per semester hour, $166.67 per quarter hour, and $16.67 per clock hour. BOOKS ARE NOT COVERED. Fees directly required for course enrollment may be combined with tuition. The Marine Corps will only pay fees that are published, mandatory, charged for course enrollment, and reimbursable in the event the student needs to withdraw from the course.
Tuition assistance is available to Reservists on continuous active duty and their course must end prior to demobilization/deactivation. TA is offered to Officers but must agree to remain on active duty for two years. If an Officer voluntarily resigns before the two year obligation is served, they will repay the government a prorated amount of TA.
TUITION ASSISTANCE USERS: The following information is required:
• Complete a College 101 Brief (10-15 minutes online powerpoint presentation)
• Submit a Tuition Assistance Statement of Understanding
• Submit a current up-to-date TA application with statement of fees from school
• Reservists must submit a copy of activation or mobilization orders
Qualifications: To qualify, all service member must:
• Be on active duty for the entire length of the course.
• Attend an institution accredited by a regional, national, or professional accrediting recognized by the Department of Education.
• Provide all grades from TA courses; reimburse all "W" and "F" grades. (Withdrawal reasons may be forgiven with command verification and a copy of your orders. )
• Agree, if an officer, to remain on active duty for at least two years upon completion of a funded TA course. This OBLISERV runs concurrently with remaining obligated service.
In addition you must have:
• TA authorization PRIOR to beginning of course
• a minimum GT score of 100 (or 10.2 TABE Test or MASP completion). MARFORRES may be exempt.
• completed College 101 orientation
• no disciplinary actions pending
Reimbursement of TA funds must be made by money order or cashier's check payable to U.S. Treasurer and mailed to NETPDTC
Evaluated Degree Plan or a (SOCMAR/SOCNAV) Required:
After utilizing the Tuition Assistance (TA) program for twelve (12) semester hours (or their equivalent) (no matter if at a previous duty station), students are required to have an "evaluated" degree plan. This degree plan is developed by the college after the college has evaluated the SMART and previous college credits (if applicable). The degree plan lists all the classes required for the degree/certificate and what the student still needs to accomplish to earn the degree/certificate. Once the student has received 12 semester hours of TA authorizations, the Marine Corps will NOT fund additional courses until the evaluated degree plan is delivered to our office. Navy is allowed 5 TA funded classes before a degree plan is required.