Lieutenant Colonel Mark T. Schulz
Commanding Officer
Marine Tactical Air Command Squadron 48

LtCol Schulz is a native of southeastern Wisconsin. He graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Platteville in 1998 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Engineering. He worked as an engineer in the Milwaukee area until January of 2002 when he left for Officer Candidate School (OCS) in Quantico, VA. LtCol Schulz completed OCS and The Basic School in 2002. He then attended Air Traffic Control (ATC) School aboard NAS Pensacola, FL. From this point, LtCol Schulz went to Okinawa, Japan where he received ATC training aboard MCAS Futenma. Upon return to CONUS in 2004, he immediately deployed to Al Taqaddum Air Base in Iraq for seven months as the deputy ATC detachment commander. After returning to the states, LtCol Schulz worked in the G-3 Training section of 2dMAW operations developing an air specific pre-deployment training curriculum. He then went back to MACS-2 to work in operations until fall of 2006. After a short stint with the MCAS Cherry Point RSU, he transitioned to the Marine Corps Reserves and MTACS-48. In late October of 2007 he mobilized with MTACS-48 to attend the MCMAP instructor course followed by the spring 2008 WTI as a student. He successfully graduated from both. In April of 2009 he mobilized once again, this time for his second tour in Iraq aboard Al Asad Air Base. While there, he served as a SAC on a six month tour. During this time he also taught three MCMAP classes including two grey belt courses and one green belt course. He also participated in the Major Megan McClung Memorial Half-marathon along with the Marine Corps Marathon forward finishing with a 3:26 time. Upon returning, he took a few months off of USMC drill and then later joined the MACS-24 ATC detachment aboard NAS Fort Worth, JRB. He served there as detachment commander from spring of 2011 until the spring of 2013. In 2013 he enrolled in Command and Staff. After two years, he joined MATCS-48 once again. While there, he deployed to Norway to support Operation Cold Response not long after which he took over as the squadron XO. He served in that position for 18 months. He then joined the Reserve Support Program (RSP), specifically RSP-2 where he has been until he returned to MTACS-48 for his third tour here, this time as Commanding Officer.